Upcoming and recent PhD graduates are encouraged to apply for the Distinguished Admiral Grace Hopper Postdoctoral Fellowship at NERSC. This prize fellowship is part of the NERSC Exascale Science Application Program program, optimizing scientific applications for high performance on supercomputers at NERSC.
Applicants should propose an application optimization research project, targeting one of two systems:
– Cori, the Intel Xeon Phi-based system currently in production at NERSC
– Perlmutter, the upcoming heterogeneous CPU/GPU system arriving in 2020
The Fellow will receive a highly competitive salary, relocation assistance (if applicable), excellent benefits, frequent opportunities to travel, and an opportunity to work in the San Francisco Bay Area.
For more information about the Distinguished Admiral Grace Hopper Postdoctoral Fellowship, please follow this link:
To view the Fellowship description on the Berkeley Lab careers page, please follow this link:
The application deadline for Insight’s Fall Fellowships is quickly approaching on July 9th, so I want to pass along the latest information about our upcoming sessions.
The Insight Data Fellows Programs are tuition-free fellowships for graduating students, PhDs, and postdocs looking to transition to careers in fields like data science, data engineering, artificial intelligence, and many others. Over the past 6 years, we have helped over 1400 Insight Fellows become data scientists and engineers at over 250 leading data-driven companies.
We have received a number of applications from CERN in the past, and several alumni have gone through our program, including Michel Trottier-McDonald who is now at Twitter.
Head of Admissions
Insight Data Science
Insight Data Fellows Programs
Insight is now accepting applications from graduating students for our fellowships in:
– Data Science (for PhDs & Postdocs)
– Health Data Science (for PhDs & Postdocs)
– Data Engineering (for Bachelors, Masters, or PhDs)
– Artificial Intelligence (for Bachelors, Masters, or PhDs)
– Data Product Management (for Bachelors, Masters, or PhDs)
– DevOps (for Bachelors, Masters, or PhDs)
1400+ Insight alumni are now working at Facebook, LinkedIn, The New York Times, Apple, Airbnb, Netflix, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Github, Slack, 23andMe, Twitter, Bloomberg, NBC, Pinterest, Microsoft, and 250+ other top companies.
Insight Fellows Programs:
– 7 week, full-time training fellowship
– Mentorship from leading industry data scientists, data engineers & AI specialists
– Join an active community of Insight alumni
– Self-directed, project-based learning followed by interviews at top companies
– Tuition-free with need-based scholarships and loans available to help cover living costs
Upcoming Early Application Deadline: July 9
Learn more & apply on our website: https://www.insightdatascience.com/apply
Not ready to apply? Sign up for our notification list: https://www.insightdatascience.com/notify
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The HEP-CCE is happy to announce a call for applications to its 2018 GRADUATE STUDENT SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM. This program gives graduate students in HEP with a strong interest in computing a chance to work with teams at DOE laboratories on challenging problems currently facing HEP.
Applications to the program should include a CV, a statement of current research, and a short statement on how participation in the program will benefit the student’s current work and future career. A letter of recommendation from the student’s research adviser is also required.
Deadline: March 2, 2018
NERSC has a postdoc position open for HEP-computing minded folk to work on the cutting edge of Supercomputing; Big Data; Machine Learning ; Science and More!.
All details at:
NERSC has an opening for an Machine Learning Engineer to work on applied machine /deep learning for DoE science problems!
The SLAC HEP Theory Group expects to make a Research Associate postdoctoral appointment for a 2-year term beginning October 1, 2018. The successful applicant is expected to work on the construction of a Monte-Carlo event generator for collider physics, suitable for parallel calculations on High Performance Computers.
The senior members of our group are: Stan Brodsky, Lance Dixon, Alexander Friedland, JoAnne Hewett, Stefan Hoeche, Michael Peskin, Thomas Rizzo, Philip Schuster and Natalia Toro. The interests of our group cover all areas of particle physics, quantum field theory, and the interface of particle physics and astroparticle physics. We have strong ties to experimental groups interested in high energy collider physics and particle astrophysics.
NERSC currently has several openings for postdocs, system administrators, and more! If you’re looking for new opportunities, please consider the following openings:
– NERSC Exascale Science Applications Postdoctoral Fellow (https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=83997&lang=en): work in mutidisciplinary teams to transition codes to Cori and produce mission-relevant science that truly pushes the limits of high-end computing.
– NERSC Exascale Science Applications Postdoctoral Fellow for Data (https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=83700&lang=en): collaborate with scientific teams to enable the solution of deep, meaningful problems in data-intensive experimental/observational sciences such as cosmology, high-energy physics, neuroscience, and imaging.
– HPC Systems Engineer (https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=83960&lang=en): help architect, deploy, configure, and maintain large-scale, leading-edge systems of high complexity (e.g., Cori and Edison). US Citizenship or permanent residency required.
– Software Engineer / API Developer (https://lbl.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=84041&lang=en): build a new system for tracking resource usage across our supercomputing environment, and create an API for this system and eventually the whole center.
We know that NERSC users can make great NERSC employees! We look forward to seeing your application.
Berkeley Lab’s Physics Division has an opening for a Physicist Project Scientist responsible for developing and evaluating new software workflows that exploit the capabilities of the High Performance Computing (HPC) facilities at the Lab’s National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC). These workflows will allow physicists in the High-Energy and Nuclear Physics groups at LBNL to efficiently perform Monte Carlo simulation, data reconstruction, and data analysis.
The ALCF has several staff and postdoctoral researcher positions available.
ACM SIGHPC and Intel have launched an international graduate fellowship program aimed at increasing the diversity of students pursuing degrees in data science and computational science. This program will support students pursuing degrees at institutions anywhere in the world. Interested faculty advisors and students can find more information at http://www.sighpc.org/fellowships. Nominations close April 30, 2017. Contact email@example.com with any questions.